Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snow

So thankful for the snow.  Why is it so difficult for me to wipe my slate clean for the day of the "to-dos?"  The snow started falling earlier this morning and I was mesmerized by it's beauty while the kids were excited to just play in it.  But wait, we have too much "to do" this morning.  And  just like that I almost missed the blessing.  The gift. Of my kids rosy cheeks, and silly giggles, and imagination in what snow creatures could be created, and cold tiny hands that welcomed warm mugs of hot chocolate.  How could something so simple as white dots falling from the sky be the cause of so much joy?  Because the One who created them created us, created joy.  IS joy.  And deeper still than even our enjoyment in watching it fall softly to the ground and delighting as it falls on us, is the reminder it brings.  God whispers, "This is how I see you.  Red blood was shed on a hill on a cross so that you could be washed white as snow.  Made clean."  And I am brought to a place of worship once again.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...I didn't even know you HAD a blog! Huh? I am all smiles reading this in light of "the book." :) I, too, was all about it this morning! Why fight it? Just open the hand and receive. And give thanks. And be filled with joy. Well done, friend!

    ReplyDelete